If you love tea, then you need to keep a tea kettle near the stove. Tea kettles are still quite popular even in the age of microwaves and boiling water on tap right from your fridge. That’s because they heat water up fast, and many people say that they prefer the taste of the water that comes from a kettle better than microwaved water.
Best Tea Kettles For Gas Stove of 2020
Plus, you can only heat up one cup at a time with your microwave, while a tea kettle serves several. If you love tea and are thinking about getting a new kettle, here are ten of the best ones on the market right now.
1. BonJour Tea Stainless Steel
This stainless steel tea kettle heats up really fast and serves four to six people depending upon the amount of tea each person has. It is a beautiful tea kettle and the price is just right. Plus, there are lots of features that make it one of the best ones to buy, which is exactly why it was added to our list. Let’s look at the specifications.
- Exterior is made of stainless steel
- Base is completely made of copper
- Kettle heats up super-fast
- Spout is non-drip which means you’ll never be burned by hot water again
- Holds two quarts of hot water
- Riveted handles covered with rubber so you can pick it up easily
- Lid fits tightly when carrying it
- There are definitely a lot of good things about this tea kettle. Because of the copper base, the kettle heats up faster than you would expect and it has features like a non-drip spout, a tight-fitting lid and a rubberized riveted handle. Plus, it is a really attractive tea kettle that will last for a very long time.
- As for what people were unhappy about, there was really only one thing – the fact that it didn’t have a whistle. Also, you should be aware that it will hold more than 2 quarts of water but it will spill out if you don’t have the lid on.
Definitely recommended. A great price and a terrific product.
2. Chef’s Secret KTTKC Surgical Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
This is one of the best kettles on the market with plenty of features and solid construction. Made from surgical-quality stainless steel and featuring a modern design with a copper capsule bottom for fast heating, this kettle is definitely one that belongs on this list.
- Holds 2.75 quarts of water
- Copper capsule bottom
- Surgical-quality stainless steel construction
- Riveted handle with heat-resistant hand grip
- Whistles when water is hot enough for tea
- Some people prefer a teapot that whistles when it gets hot enough to pour a cup of tea and that’s exactly what this stainless steel kettle does. Plus, with nearly a three-quart capacity, you’ll always have plenty of water for you and your guests. The copper capsule bottom ensures even and fast heating and you’ll never burn yourself with the heat-resistant grip.
- Some people mentioned rust as a problem, although they were only a few isolated incidents and the majority of people saw none.
This is a great kettle and one that you should have no problems with. If you like the classic design, then go ahead and get it.
3. Reston Lloyd Calypso Basics Whistling Teakettle
The Reston whistling tea kettle with glass lid is one of the most fun and sporty tea kettles on this list. It has a really cool curvy half-arc handle and a neat spout with a half-moon on it to pull it up for pouring. In addition, this kettle features a glass lid that complements the colored finish perfectly. Let’s look at the specs.
- Finish does not fade
- Heat-resistant handle
- Glass lid made of tempered glass
- Can be used on any stove type including gas
- This kettle is great because of its sport look and for the fact that it comes in ten different, vibrant colors. Plus, instead of the standard whistle, it emits a harmonic hum that lets you know when your tea is done.
- If you want a teapot that whistles, unfortunately you are out of luck. The only thing that happens when this heats up is the lid rattles a little.
If you can deal with the disadvantage of no whistle, this is probably the most beautiful tea kettle on our list, no matter which color you choose.
4. CoastLine Pour Over Coffee Gooseneck Kettle
This is a classic tea kettle look with a built-in thermometer. The stainless steel design is obviously high-quality because it is polished to a mirror shine and it features a long pouring spout and heat-resistant handle. Plus, with 900-milliliter capacity, you have plenty of water no matter how many guests you have over.
- Stainless steel design for aesthetics and durability
- Built-in thermometer allows you to take the kettle off when it reaches your perfect temperature
- Gooseneck spout
- 900 ML capacity
- Dishwasher safe
- Thermometer “green” zone so you know what temperature is good for pouring
- One of the best things about this kettle is how big the handle is and how much is covered by the heat-resistant rubber. This makes it a very safe kettle as far as handling. Plus, with the stainless steel body, it has a really great design.
- While this kettle doesn’t look bad, it definitely isn’t one of the most aesthetically pleasing kettles on our list. It does perform well and it has great features that make it easier to handle and get to the perfect temperature.
If the built-in thermometer is important to you, this is a solid purchase. It’s just not the prettiest kettle on this list.
5. Zell Pour Over Kettle for Coffee and Tea
This tea kettle is very similar to the CoastLine kettle, right down to the extended spout and stainless steel mirror sheen design. It doesn’t have an included thermometer, but the price is a little less than the CoastLine model to reflect that. This is a very good quality kettle but let’s look at the specs.
- The perfect size – makes around 40 ounces of hot water
- High stainless steel shine that will look great in any kitchen
- Angled handle so it doesn’t sit over the flame or burner
- Can be used on gas or electric stoves
- Dishwasher safe
- This tea kettle looks great and it works great as well. With mostly stainless steel construction, this kettle is made to last and it also works great. The gooseneck handle is thin so pouring is more precise and this is just a really solid, basic, but extremely good-looking kettle.
- The only real complaint that people had about this kettle was the fact that the black color on the inside started to fade after some time had passed.
If you like stainless steel tea kettles, and you’re a fan of the thin, gooseneck spout, this is the perfect kettle for you.
6. Ecooe Glass Teapot
This tea kettle has a couple of really unique things going for it. It doesn’t just heat up the hot water for you to brew tea in a cup; it actually brews the tea for you. Plus, this is a mostly glass tea kettle that will look great in your kitchen. Let’s check out the features.
- Made of Borosilicate glass so it can be heated on the stovetop
- Able to withstand extreme temperature changes
- Extremely dense stainless filter for brewing tea
- 900 millimeter capacity
- Where do you start on The good stuff? This Borosilicate glass kettle is the perfect tea kettle. It brews your tea and allows you to boil the water, even though it is glass. It also allows you to change the temperature without damaging the glass, even instantly.
- The one thing that you have to watch out for about this kettle is that the glass will still shatter if you drop it on the ground.
This kettle has an 18 month warranty and a whole lot of features. Unless you think you might drop it, you definitely should consider this tea kettle.
7. Tea Kettle – Stainless Steel Stove Top Whistling Tea Kettle
This 3-liter kettle is sort of a combination between a classic 60’s tea kettle design and a post-modern one. It is very nice to look at and the reddish-copper body is accented by black plastic grips and a stainless steel spout, which is wide enough to pour even a big cup of tea quickly. Let’s check out the Specifications.
- Tough stainless steel in beautiful reddish-brown finish with black accent lines
- Handle is heat resistant and has a soft grip
- Easy-to-work trigger that can be used with just a thumb
- Whistles when water is boiling
- Safe for both gas and electric stoves
- There are lots of good things about this kettle. In all honesty, it is pretty basic as far as features go, but it holds 3 liters of water, which is plenty for everyone, and it is one of the top kettles on this list when it comes to aesthetics.
- The one thing about this kettle that underperforms is that you cannot wash it in the dishwasher; it has to be hand-washed.
Really, if you like the way this kettle looks, the price is great, the construction is great and there really is no reason not to get it.
8. New Stylish Whistling Tea Kettle
If you like the classic look of the old-style tea kettles from the turn of the century (that would be the 20th) then you’ll love this stylish retro tea kettle with an elegant copper finish from Unique Imports.
This kettle features a whistle to tell you when it is boiling and a 2.8 liter capacity for water, plus a whole lot more. Let’s check out the specs on this unique kettle.
- Beautiful copper finish with black and stainless steel accents
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Automatic pouring spout cap
- 8 liter capacity
- Extremely loud whistle
- Will work on induction stoves as well as gas and electric burners
- So many good things make up this kettle that it is hard to choose just a few to feature. Of course, the aesthetics of it is probably the main reason you would choose this kettle, but it also has a great whistle, a solid stainless steel body and a study pouring spout. Plus, the price is pretty great too.
- Some people have mentioned that their lid doesn’t fit tight enough and they have to use an oven mitt to pick up the kettle.
Most people were really happy with this kettle and there was a higher-than-average percentage of five-star reviews. We recommend it if you like the retro design.
9. Calypso Basics 2-Quart Teakettle
This 2-quart tea kettle from Calypso is pretty basic. It is made of steel covered with enamel and there isn’t a whole lot to distinguish it from the competition. It comes in a few different colors, but you don’t get to choose and the featured one is sort of a dull grey.
If you like neutral tones and very basic, cheap kettles, this might be the one you want.
- Can be used on both gas and electric
- Very cool to the touch due to the enamel coated steel
- Easy to clean
- The Good things about this kettle are that it works well and it holds plenty of water. It is also very cute, even if you happen to get the grey one. One thing that really makes it stand out from the other kettles on this list is the fact that you will never have to resort to oven mitts when you want to pour tea because of the materials it is constructed from.
- One of The Bad things about this kettle is that it’s so small that if you do use it on a gas stove, you need to keep the heat really low; otherwise you will scorch the sides of the kettle.
You can probably pass on this kettle in favor of the other ones on this list unless you just have to have it because it is so cute.
10. Large 3 Liter Alpine Cuisine
From Alpine Cuisine comes the last kettle on this list. This 3-liter kettle is really beautiful with a stainless steel mirror finish accented by black plastic on the lid and the handle. This really is a good-looking kettle and the price is excellent as well. Let’s take a look at the Specifications that this kettle boasts.
- Extremely strong, made of heavy-duty stainless steel
- Holds up to 3 liters of water
- Can be used on any type of stove or burner: gas, electric or conduction
- Tapering gooseneck spout
- Handle rests on the side and is cool to the touch
- Harmonic whistling to let you know when water is boiling
- This kettle definitely has some good things going for it. It is really nice-looking for one thing, and the handle resting on the side to prevent it from burning you when you are taking it off or putting it back on is a major plus. In addition, the whistle is pleasant and not shrieking and it is a very heavy-duty kettle.
- The only real gripe that people had with this kettle is that if you didn’t put the lid back on properly it wouldn’t whistle when it was done.
The Verdict on this kettle is easy. This is definitely a good product and the price is pretty amazing. It has a nice look, it is very durable and it has everything you would want in a tea kettle. Highly recommended for those who want a good, sturdy kettle that isn’t going to crack, break or wear out anytime soon.
When it comes to choosing a tea kettle from this list, you have to decide what is most important to you. There are kettles on this list that are very nice-looking but don’t perform as well as some of the others that are your basic stainless steel. That means you have to decide whether performance or aesthetics are most important to you.
In addition, there are some unique kettles with features that none of the others have that you might want to evaluate as well. Choose what fits your life best and don’t be afraid to spend a little more on the kettle you want – you’ll probably use it all the time and you’ll soon be glad you bought it.