If you want to take great videos with your GoPro, then you need a stabilizer that is going to keep the camera steady and unfortunately, many of the so-called stabilizers out there that are supposed to be compatible with GoPro cameras are not. The GoPro is a popular brand, so companies that don’t even make stabilizers for GoPro will use it as a buzzword in their advertising campaigns.
Plus, even among the stabilizers that really are designed or optimized for GoPro, not all of them keep your camera steady and some are really difficult to use, making mounting your camera a huge pain.
We feel you on this, and that’s why we have come up with a list of the 10 best GoPro stabilizers that actually fit your GoPro and meet or exceed our high standards on everything from ease of use to affordability. Let’s take a look.
|EVO GP-PRO||excellent||$$$||Click Here!|
|Uopaly 3 Axis Gimbal||excellent||$$$||Click Here!|
|Glide Gear Scopio 3 Axis||excellent||$$$||Click Here!|
|Feiyu Tech G4-QD||excellent||$$||Click Here!|
|Zhiyun Z1-Pround 3-Axis||very good||$$||Click Here!|
|Feiyu Tech FY-WG||very good||$$||Click Here!|
|The OFFICIAL ROXANT PRO||very good||$$||Click Here!|
|IMORDEN Carbon fiber||good||$||Click Here!|
|CamKix Premium 3in1||good||$||Click Here!|
|Stabilizing Hand Grip for GoPro HERO5||good||$||Click Here!|
1. EVO GP-PRO 3 Axis GoPro Gimbal for Hero4
From EVO comes a terrific gimbal for GoPro cameras. This stabilizer is just what you need to get those amazing action shots without camera shakiness and be able to stay completely mobile so that when you have a limited window to get a great shot, you’ll be able to take advantage of it. Let’s check the specs.
- Triple axis precision
- Shoot professional quality footage
- Charge your GoPro right from the gimbal without having to detach it or stop shooting
- Internal motors are high-powered and have a huge amount of torque
- 4 shooting modes, dynamic switching:
- 1-year parts & labor warranty
- Comes with charger, USB cable and 2 li-ion batteries to get you started.
- The major benefit that this stabilizer provides is the quality of the shot. You can check out a video demonstration on the product listing page that shows just how dynamic this little gimbal is. There are four shooting modes including heading follow, heading lock, heading-pitch follow and inverted mode. Plus, you always have access to the charger so you can shoot for longer periods.
- There are two things that might be cause for concern with this gimbal. First, the sound quality is really bad when you are not using an external microphone, because of how much correcting the gimbal does. That’s often the case with gimbals in general, of course, but you should also know that it is difficult to find the 18650 batteries for this at your local electronics store because they are very non-standard.
Bottom line – great gimbal if you are doing a video shoot and you can hook an external mic up, or better yet, record on a different device. This particular fault aside – this is one of the best stabilization gimbals ever manufactured.
2. Uoplay 3 Axis Handheld Universal
Uoplay has created the most versatile steady-cam gimbal ever conceived, fitting not only your GoPro cameras, but just about every smartphone model you can think of. Plus, the design is solid, and it has a lot of features that you’re going to appreciate. Specs are up next.
- Construction material is 7000 Series aluminum alloy
- Ergonomic design
- Compatible with a huge list of phones and cameras
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- Samsung S5/S6/S7
- GoPro Hero 3 /3+ /4 /5
- Any other action camera that is the same size as the GoPros
- Any other smartphone 6 inches or less
- Seriously energy efficient
- Includes two high-capacity batteries and 2 spare batteries
- Joystick controls gimbal angles manually
- Includes attachment-friendly ¼ inch threaded interface
- Gyroscopic technology built-in
- 3-Axis brushless motors
- There are so many good things to list it’s tough to pick just a few to feature. This is a really versatile stabilizer that you can use with almost any action cam or smartphone. It has a threaded attachment interface for hooking up extensions or tripods and it’s made from lightweight aluminum alloy that is seriously tough – the same stuff that is being used in space these days.
- This thing is versatile, high-quality and has just about every feature you need, but even so, the price is too high. There are many good stabilizers on this list that are priced a whole lot less and offer about the same value.
If you aren’t worried about how much you’ll be spending on a stabilizer and you want it to fit almost anything – this is your unit. If you are more budget-conscious, you may want to look at a different gimbal.
3. Glide Gear Scopio 3 Axis Action Camera
Another great stabilizer comes from Glide Gear – the Scopio 3-axis action camera gimbal. This stabilizer has several advantages including the ability to extend your camera several feet with the included pole accessory. Plus, you can fit several Glide Gear accessories onto it to make your shoot even better. Let’s check out the specs:
- Huge amount of torque
- Aluminum alloy, CNC processed
- 3-axis stabilization, multifunctional
- Will easily attach to Glide Gear accessories like the Horn, Action Jib or any GoPro attachments
- Comes with long pole adapter
- What’s great about this stabilizer is that it has multifunctional 3-axis stabilization that makes sure that your shot stays steady. But it is also really versatile with all of the attachments that you can fit onto it, including several Glide Gear attachments and any GoPro attachments. Also, it comes with an extension pole already so you don’t even have to buy that separately.
- Two things to be aware of: first, the cord does not detach when you are using the camera in hand-held mode, which can be a little distracting. You also need to be aware that while this will fit most GoPro cameras, it will not work with the session models.
Good stabilizer and a really great value. If your camera fits, then it’s a great buy, particularly because of the accessories and potential attachments.
4. Feiyu Tech G4-QD Quick Dismantling
This is a great stabilizer for those who are right in the thick of the action and need to change out things quickly, going from a gimbal to a handheld in a matter of seconds. This gimbal features 320-degree Pan/Tilt rotation and 100-degree Roll rotation and it’s compatible with a wide range of cameras. Let’s check out the features.
- One-button 3-axis handheld gimbal with the latest design
- Will fit all of the GoPro cameras and any other action camera that is 33mm to 46mm tall and as thick as the GoPro with the LCD BacPac
- Easily connects and disconnects
- Compatible with Feiyu remote and extensions
- Offers 320 degree pan and tilt and 100 roll rotating
- There are several good things about this stabilizer. One of the biggest advantages is that is it so versatile, fitting just about every single action cam out there including all of the GoPros. Any camera that resembles the GoPro models will probably fit. Plus, it hooks up with Felyu accessories and that’s a big help if you’re filming and need some extra equipment to get the right shot.
- The only real problem with this camera is that if you want to upgrade your software or firmware, you have to do it on a PC; there is no support for Mac.
This really is a great stabilizer and since you can use it on any GoPro or GoPro clone, you’ll never have to get a new gimbal even if you switch action cameras. This is definitely a thumbs up.
5. Zhiyun Z1-Pround 3-Axis High-Precision
This is a great stabilizer that works with any of the GoPro Hero cameras and has some pretty decent features as well.
- Fits these GoPro Hero camera models: 1, 2, 3, 3+, 4
- Independent IMU module
- Fast response motor with a high torque
- USB connection port to charge your camera
- 270tilt working angle, 90 roll working angle, 270 vertical heading working angle.
- You can use this on any of the Hero models, and you get lots of great features like the USB port so you don’t run out of juice, a great brushless gimbal motor and lots of rotation angles.
- Obviously, it only works with the Hero models and may not fit the other GoPros or other action cameras on the market.
If you have a Hero and you aren’t planning to switch anytime soon, this is a really good stabilizer.
6. Feiyu Tech FY-WG 3-Axis Wearable Gimbal Stabilizer
This is a really amazing wearable stabilizer that you can fit just about anywhere that you can think of, from being mounted on your shoulder to being attached to your wrist. You have a portable camera without the equipment required to keep it steady.
- 1 year warranty
- Great customer service
- 3-axis wearable gimbal for Hero cams 4, 3 and 3 +
- Mounting rack for BacPac
- Will work for many cameras that have the same basic measurements
- Compatible with three-prong mount attachments
- Compatible with all universal tripod mount accessories
- This stabilizer is pretty awesome because you actually wear it somewhere on your body, leaving your hands free to run audio, or actually participate in the action instead of filming it. Plus, it fits lots of cameras and is compatible with tons of attachments.
- The software is not available for Mac. Plus, some people have had problems plugging the camera into the unit, claiming their battery is dead within minutes.
The battery thing seems to be isolated to just one or two people and everyone else seems really happy with it. So, we can recommend this for anyone who needs their hands to be free.
7. The OFFICIAL ROXANT PRO
The ROXANT PRO Video Camera Stabilizer is an extremely popular gimbal for GoPro and many other cameras, partly because of its versatility – fitting almost any camera or smartphone – and partly because it offers such good value for the money.
- Less motion and less shake than other stabilizers
- Will support any camera up to 2.1 pounds including smartphones
- Comfort grip handle that prevents slipping
- Lifetime support
- Video tutorials to learn how to become the best action cameraman
- The great thing about this stabilizer is that ROXANT has such a good reputation. In fact, many companies have tried to copy this very product – with poor results – and some even try to use the ROXANT name to sell their own products. This is simply a terrific stabilizer.
- There isn’t much to report here, except that you might get more support for accessories with some of the other gimbals on this list.
This is a great product with a terrific reputation; one of the top products even among the terrific ones on this list.
8. IMORDEN Carbon fiber
This is a comfortable stabilizer that fits lots of different cameras and releases instantly for you to catch those action shots. Plus, it has a lot of great features that we’ll cover shortly.
- Can hold cameras with accessories up to three pounds total
- Height adjustment
- Quick release plat
- Ergonomic camera that is easy to operate
- Carbon fiber shaft – weighs almost nothing
- There are lots of good things here. The quick release plate is one of the best features of this stabilizer, because sometimes you need to switch to a handheld operation to get the shot and you don’t have time for a stabilizer that takes time to take off.
- Some people had a hard time balancing it on certain situations and even though it’s very light, it’s tough to carry it for more than ten or fifteen minutes without your hands hurting.
As far as the stabilization goes, everyone was really happy. If you don’t mind the weight and you are used to using gimbals like this then you should go ahead and get it because it does an excellent job getting the shot.
9. CamKix Premium 3in1
This CamKix premium stabilizer allows you to easily switch between tripod mode and hand-held mode, with the gimbal still balancing while you are moving. It’s compatible with a lot of cameras and it mounts CamKix accessories.
- All components made of very high quality material
- Includes a tripod and a hand grip
- Ball and socket mount allow you to turn your camera any way you want
- Rubber feet keep the tripod from slipping
- Works with any GoPro, smartphone or compact camera
- Compatible with CamKix accessories
- What’s great about this stabilizer is that it gives you a great deal of control because you have the hand grip that allows you to hold the camera steady in the midst of the action –but you also have the tripod, which not only allows you to have your hands free, it also makes the camera perfectly stationary.
- It’s not going to automatically correct to keep the camera straight while you are carrying it, but it definitely will steady your shot.
Terrific budget stabilizer – if you need one but you can’t spend more than about $25, this is the perfect solution.
10. Stabilizing Hand Grip for GoPro
Last on our list is the stabilizing hand grip for GoPro, a budget solution to be sure, but still an effective one. Let’s look at the specs.
- Comes with a hand grip, tripod adapter and a phone holder that will work with any smartphone
- Equipped with a GoPro mount that fits all of the following: HERO4, Session, Black, Silver, Hero+ LCD, 3+, 3, 2 and 1
- Like the other CamKix product on our list, this is compatible with many of the accessories that the company offers
- The main advantage of this stabilizer is that it is such an amazing price. For just a few bucks you get a pretty decent stabilizer that you can use to get the shot.
- The bad news is, this isn’t nearly as effective as the electronic gimbals on this list and you still have to hold your hand really steady.
No question about it – high recommended, as long as you understand that it’s a manual stabilizer and a budget option.
When it comes to choosing the right stabilizer for your GoPro or other cameras, you have to decide what is most important to you and come up with a list of priorities. Do you want perfect stabilization in the middle of the action or do you have a budget you have to work from? What kinds of accessories will you need to mount and most importantly – will your camera fit the stabilizer you have chosen? If you can answer these questions, you will be able to easily choose one of these stabilizers and be very happy with it.